ACADEMY FOR WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS PROGRAM
The Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) gives enterprising women the knowledge, networks, and access they need to launch and UPGRADE successful businesses. By promoting women’s economic opportunities and ensuring that women have the capabilities and resources needed to participate in the economy, the AWE program directly supports the U.S. National Strategy on Gender Equity and Equality.
AWE uses a hybrid model that combines the online platform Dream Builder (developed through a partnership between Arizona State University’s Thunderbird School of Global Management and global copper mining company Freeport-McMoRan) with in-class mentoring and facilitation. Through AWE, participants learn core business skills, then get together as a class to discuss the material with experienced implementers, local mentors, and U.S. Exchange Alumni. Partnerships with local NGOs, universities, and chambers of commerce offer women the opportunity to amplify their newly learned business skills and network with other businesspeople through speed mentoring, pitch competitions, and entrepreneurship fairs. For more information on AWE visit: https://eca.state.gov/awe<br>
AWE Program is being implemented in the states of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Odisha for 100 women entrepreneurs by KIIT-Technology Business Incubator. KIIT-TBI has been known for supporting and promoting entrepreneurship with special focus on rural entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship in women. For more information on KIIT-TBI visit:https://kiitincubator.in
Timeline for Program
AWE targets women entrepreneurs who either already have a business, or plan to launch one.
Applications are open from June 8 through June 30. Applications will not be accepted after June 30
By promoting women’s economic opportunities and ensuring that women have the capabilities and resources needed to participate in the economy, the AWE program directly supports the U.S. National Strategy on Gender Equity and Equality.
In the countries where it operates, AWE helps U.S. Embassies and Consulates advance specific U.S. foreign policy goals in the areas of promoting prosperity and strengthening civil society.
AWE helps women entrepreneurs by providing them the knowledge, networks, and access they need to launch and scale their businesses. Specifically, AWE helps:
- Provide Resources: AWE participants have the opportunity to engage in U.S-style online education with local guided facilitation from U.S. Exchange Alumni, local business leaders, academics and other local partners.
- Foster Partnerships: Through AWE, women have access to peer-to-peer mentorship, business partners, and scaling opportunities with businesses in the region and in the United States. Embassy alumni also serve as mentors, facilitators, and contacts for participants.
- Enable Access: AWE alumni have access to a wide range of on-going programs tailored to women’s economic empowerment.
- Candidates pursuing Bachelor’s Degree can also apply
- Applicants must be between 18—50 years
- Must have a business or should have a business plan ready.
Currently, the online learning platform DreamBuilder is available in English . Some countries opt to offer local facilitation and mentoring in local languages